A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: North Atlanta’s Photography Club

Orelon Simone
Vintage Vibes In Art Class

North Atlanta is home to countless clubs, with diverse experiences on the table. From academic-enriching honors societies to interest-focused student communities, North Atlanta’s club life caters to everyone. For those interested in photography on campus, the Photography Club is a worthy one to check out. With access to coaching on how to use a camera, or social media outlets for photographers to publish their photos, Photography Club offers a view into the photography world through the lens of North Atlanta students.

Clubs allow students to connect to their passions through school, no matter what they may be. Photography Club is new to the North Atlanta club scene this year, and it has mighty goals for the school year. The initial meeting was held September 25th, and has been in planning stages since early August. Club President, Junior Charlotte Brown, started her club with worthy intentions. “We started the club with the intent of fixing up the darkroom so that students could use it again,” she said. “However, now we are more focused on teaching students how to use cameras , and providing materials for digital and film photography.”

The club allows students to have their work published through the Instagram page, under the username “@nahs.fdpc”. Each post is titled and the artist is credited, producing an Instagram account of collaboration and creativity. “NAHS students are really so talented, and it’s cool to see the different way everyone perceives the world,” said Brown.

Photography Club has been exceedingly beneficial to its members so far, enriching prior photography skills as well as adding new ones. Members are encouraged to expand their creative abilities and share their understanding of the world through photography. Senior Orelon Simone is one member who has enjoyed the club so far. “This club has helped me learn more about how to use a camera in different ways, like what to use and when to use it,” they said. 

Clubs allow students to harbor their interests into talents, and Photography Club is no different. The world is home to a myriad of minds, and with that comes a myriad of perceptions. Photographers communicate their thoughts through the camera lens, allowing it to act as their eyes and share their perspectives with the world. Photography Club at North Atlanta allows this process to take place on our very own campus, exposing students to the viewpoint of North Atlanta’s diverse student body.